Three months ago, Malaysia’s transport minister Anthony Loke announced the exemption for private vehicle owners to display road tax stickers on their cars and motorbikes to digitise the Malaysian road tax system.
As part of the move, the Road Transport Department (JPJ) also launched the MyJPJ mobile application, through which private vehicle owners can access roadtax on the go.
Digital roadtax for private vehicle owners
This initiative was made to save up on the printing costs of roadtax stickers and to reduce people’s waiting time at JPJ counters, hence, making the entire process of roadtax renewal less of a hassle for owners.
In case you still wonder, the digital roadtax is an online copy of the roadtax sticker that owners use to display on their cars. Now, with the MyJPJ mobile application, car owners don’t need to wait to get the physical copy of the sticker but instead choose to have it on their phones.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you understand how to download, register and access your digital roadtax through the MyJPJ mobile application.
How to access your roadtax through the MyJPJ app?
The MyJPJ mobile application is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- After installing the application on your mobile device, sign up for a new account by clicking the “Register New Account” button.
- Next, complete the form by entering your details and creating a password.
- After setting up your account, you can log in using your registered ID and password on the app’s homepage.
- To access your digital roadtax, click on the ‘Profile’ icon at the bottom of the page.
- Select the “Roadtax” tab to view the digital copy of your roadtax
And that’s all you need to do. Accessing your digital roadtax on the MyJPJ app is relatively simple, provided you follow the steps above.
The digital roadtax option is only available for private vehicle owners, namely private cars and motorbikes. The service is expected to be extended to other types of vehicles by JPJ as it helps vehicle owners save up on delivery charges of roadtax stickers.
If you find this info useful, remember to share this article with your family and friends.
Bjak is one of Malaysia’s biggest insurance comparison websites, offering policies from over 10 brands. Get your free insurance quote from Bjak today!