When we talk about MY E.G. Services Berhad or MyEG, the one thing that comes immediately to our minds is road tax renewal. For decades, MyEG has been well known as the pioneer of e-government services, especially renewing roadtax and checking fines from JPJ and PDRM, among other things.
The company was founded in 2000 to deliver services from various Government agencies to Malaysian citizens and businesses. Since its commencement, MyEG has become the go-to platform for renewing road tax in Malaysia before the arrival of insurance comparison portals. Hence, knowing how to renew the roadtax on MyEG is important if you own a car.
This article takes a closer look at the steps involved in MyEG roadtax renewal and how you can save time and money by performing renewal from the comfort of your own home.
MyEG roadtax renewal process
MyEG offers a range of e-government services, such as zakat payments, renewal of foreign workers’ permits and application of MyKad replacements. Below are the steps involved in its roadtax renewal process.
- Visit MyEG’s website at www.myeg.com.my.
- Create an account under “Register” if you’re a new user, or proceed to log in to the portal with your username and password if you’re an existing user.
- Once logged in, click the “Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan” option on the home screen.
4. Select the”Road Tax Renewal” option from the menu list.
5. You will then be asked to choose car or motorcycle road tax renewal options.
6. Choose your vehicle type, then fill in the owner and vehicle information on the next page, such as ID, name, vehicle registration number and renewal period.
7. Enter the security keyword that you see on the page before clicking ‘Proceed’.
8. Verify your vehicle details and insurance information and complete the transaction by making a payment.
Once you have completed the payment, you just have to wait for the delivery of your roadtax. Physical roadtax stickers will be delivered to your registered address, whereas digital copies will be updated in your MyJPJ mobile application. Check your MyJPJ app after 24 hours to view your roadtax.
Renew roadtax with MyEG
Performing road tax renewals on MyEG is relatively easy and simple. It saves you a lot of time that you would spend if you’re visiting the post office or physical JPJ counters.
Just like MyEG, Bjak, too, offers effortless roadtax renewal options for everyone. You can renew your roadtax in no time, whether physical or digital, with us. Click on the button below to find out more about our products and services.
Bjak is one of Malaysia’s biggest insurance comparison websites, offering policies from over 10 brands. Get your free insurance quote from Bjak today!