As a car owner, you would most probably know that it is required for you to display your car roadtax sticker. But what if you lose or damage your roadtax sticker? Is there a way to replace it?
Luckily, you can replace your roadtax sticker. In order to get a new roadtax sticker, we share in this post the steps to apply for roadtax sticker replacement.
Procedure to apply for roadtax sticker replacement
In order to replace your lost or damaged roadtax sticker, below are the steps to follow:
- Visit any nearby branch of the Road Transport Department (JPJ)
- Fill in Form JPJ K7 (Borang Permohonan Salinan/Gantian Perakuan Pendaftaran Kenderaan atau Salinan/Gantian Lesen Kenderaan Motor atau Salinan Lesen Perdagangan Kenderaan Motor)
- Submit the completed form at the counter and present your identity card
- Pay a fine to replace a lost roadtax sticker. For a damaged roadtax, roadtax replacement is free of charge
- Receive your new roadtax sticker
Frequently asked questions regarding roadtax sticker replacement
1. What do I need to prepare to replace a roadtax sticker?
In order to replace your roadtax sticker, you must bring your identity card or MyKad to any JPJ branch.
2. How much is the fine amount?
The fine amount for a lost roadtax is as follows:
- Peninsular Malaysia: RM20
- Sabah: RM25
- Sarawak: RM20
- Cars and other vehicles
- Peninsular Malaysia: RM50
- Sabah: RM25
- Sarawak: RM20
If your roadtax is damaged or faded due to printing errors or windscreen breakage, roadtax replacement is free of charge.
3. Is there any form that I need to fill out?
You need to fill in Form JPJ K7 (Borang Permohonan Salinan/Gantian Perakuan Pendaftaran Kenderaan atau Salinan/Gantian Lesen Kenderaan Motor atau Salinan Lesen Perdagangan Kenderaan Motor), available at any JPJ branch.
4. If the vehicle owner is unavailable, can a representative apply for a new roadtax sticker?
If the vehicle owner is unavailable, their representative, for instance, a family member or friend, can apply for roadtax sticker replacement on their behalf.
The representative has to prepare the following documents:
- Vehicle owner’s identity card (copy)
- Vehicle’s grant (copy)
- Representative’s identity card (copy)
- Completed Form JPJ K7
5. Can I apply for a new roadtax sticker online?
No. In order to get a new roadtax sticker, you have to visit a JPJ branch.
Renew your insurance and roadtax online
Now that you know how to replace your roadtax sticker, you no longer have to worry if your roadtax is lost or damaged. Simply follow the steps to apply for roadtax sticker replacement, as we have shared.
If your insurance and roadtax are expiring, simply use Bjak to get both your insurance and roadtax renewed online. Moreover, Bjak will help deliver your roadtax right to your doorstep. Visit Bjak and let us help you with your insurance and roadtax renewal. Start by getting your car insurance quotes at Bjak.my for free.