Question: What should you look for when purchasing motor insurance coverage?
Answer: Choosing a plan that offers sufficient coverage for your car is not the only thing that you should look for. You should also look for an insurance provider who can provide efficient service when you’re in trouble.
If you’re looking for reliable motor takaful plans, we suggest you consider Etiqa car insurance, as they offer both sufficient coverage for your vehicle and efficient service.
In this article, we will share the key benefits and coverage options of Etiqa Takaful car insurance and the claim procedures to improve your understanding of the policy.
What’s covered in Etiqa Motor Takaful?
For anyone looking for an alternative to the existing conventional insurance, Etiqa Motor Takaful would be worth considering. Compared to conventional car insurance, Motor Etiqa Takaful plans are free from Riba (interest), Maysir (gambling), and Gharar (uncertainty). Non-Muslims, too, can purchase Takaful products without worries.
Etiqa Takaful is undoubtedly one of the best Takaful operators in Malaysia. It offers Shariah-compliant comprehensive coverage that protects your car against damages and losses due to car accidents, fire, or theft. It also covers the third party for bodily injury, death, damages, and losses.
Through the comprehensive coverage by Etiqa Takaful, policyholders are entitled to enjoy the following benefits:
- Agreed Value
In the event of a claim, you will be reimbursed according to the agreed value.
- All authorised drivers
You do not need to put in any named drivers; all your authorised drivers are automatically covered.
- Nil excess
There is no excess claim when you make a claim (for drivers above 21 years old only). This means you do not have to pay a portion of the repair cost in the event of an accident.
- 24-hour Emergency Road Assistance
Dedicated claims and auto-assist hotlines that offer 24/7 emergency hotlines and service.
- Free courtesy car after an accident
It offers free courtesy cars within 14 days after the accident.
Steps to claim for Motor Etiqa Takaful
You need to notify Etiqa as soon as possible when an accident or mishap occurs. Here are the simple steps you must follow:
1. Inform your Takaful operator through 1-300-88-1007 within seven days after the accident
2. Prepare the following documents for the insurance claim
- Original copy of police report
- Copy of MyKad and driver’s driving licence
- Copy of vehicle’s grant
- Photo surrounding the accident scene and vehicle damage
- Letter from the authority (police) stating the compounded party
3. File a claim via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Whatsapp at +60327804677, or via application (Etiqa Auto Assist)
Types of insurance claims
Before submitting a claim, ensure you know which type of insurance claim to go for. The types of claims that you can opt for after an accident are summarised below:
Claim from your insurance provider
The two types of claims to file to your insurer:
- Own Damage claim. This is a damage claim against your insurance policy when you are at a fault party. Note that while your insurance will cover the repair or replacement cost, you will lose your No Claims Discount (NCD) when you make your damage claim.
- Own Damage Knock-for-Knock claim. You can make this claim if a third party causes an accident. Under this claim, you can keep your NCD and claim excess and loss of use from the third party’s insurance for causing the accident.
*Note: You can only make both claims if you own a comprehensive insurance policy.
You can make a Third Party claim if a third party causes an accident.
To make a Third Party claim, you can submit your claim directly to the third party’s insurance company. For a third-party claim, you are eligible to claim for the following:
- Compensation for Assessed Repair Time (CART), based on the insurance adjuster’s recommendation on the number of days required for your car to be repaired. Note that insurance companies may allow an additional seven working days for any unforeseen or unavoidable delay.
- Compensation of excess
- Cost of car rental for the number of days of the proposed repair
Where can you purchase Etiqa Motor Takaful?
Maintaining an active car policy is important to stay protected at all times. If your Takaful plan is about to expire, remember to activate it as soon as possible before a mishap strikes.
In addition to Etiqa’s official website, you can also use Bjak to purchase Etiqa car insurance. Just click and compare the top four Takaful brands available in Malaysia. Click the button below to learn more on our website.
Bjak is one of Malaysia’s biggest insurance comparison websites, offering policies from over 10 brands. Get your free insurance quote from Bjak today!